Care at home
- What we do
- Care at home
Ailsa Care Services have been registered to provide care at home and housing support in the Renfrewshire areas for the last two decades.
- We offer a range of Person Centred services to people of all ages, from children to older people.
- We specialise in enhanced care packages for individuals with complex care needs, but we also enjoy taking care of the little things in life like shopping, housework and socialising – pubs, clubs and holidays!
- We were the first private company in Scotland to support a client with a C3 spinal injury in his own home, working with him and his family to make the transition from long term hospital care a smooth one.
- We have built up a solid reputation over the years and pride ourselves in the relationships we have built with our clients, their families, our support workers and stakeholders
- We work in conjunction with social workers, case managers, family members, associated health care professionals and organisations representing the needs of our clients for example Epilepsy Scotland, MS Revive and the advocacy service.
- We are a family company, an ethical company, a professional organisation but most of all we are friendly, compassionate and genuinely go the extra mile for our clients.
Some of the people we work with:
- Older people
- People with dementia / Alzheimer’s
- Individuals with a physical disabilities
- Clients with a head injury
- Individuals living with a life long health condition
- People with a sensory impairment
- Children & Families
- Individuals with learning disabilities
- People with mental health issues
Social, recreational and educational tasks:
- Arranging appointments and visits with doctors, dentists, school, college, university or the workplace, day centres
- Hairdressers, friends and family, social functions, pubs and clubs, cinema or theatre
- Escorting and assisting clients on these visits
- Accompanying clients on holidays and breaks
Enhanced care, for people with complex support needs:
- Personal Care
- Bowel and bladder management
- Assistance with a peg feed
- Assistance with your medication
- Exercise planned by your physiotherapist
- Goal setting and achievements
- End of Life Care
Respite Services for the peace of mind of family & friends:
Respite services may be planned from as little as 1 hour a week (to allow family carers time to shop or socialise) or for example a two week block booking, to allow family members to go on holiday or take a break, knowing that loved ones are being cared for.
Adults with a Physical Impairment
Ailsa Care has been providing unique and Person Centred support packages to adults with a physical impairment for two decades. We were one of the first care providers in Scotland to provide support services to a client with a C3 spinal injury in their own home.
- We work with our clients to create a personal plan based on lifestyle, needs and aspirations, and can assist in any area of life. From personal care – including medication, bowel management and exercise requirements – to domestic and social activities and holidays. We can also escort and assist clients while at school or collage.
- We are passionate about the rehabilitation of clients where appropriate and work with them to set achievable goals and targets.
- Ailsa Care welcomes both private clients and those funded by the social work department / ILF & Direct Payments. We can provide care from 1 hour to 24 hour cover as needed.
- The support team at Ailsa have gained an excellent reputation for providing outstanding services for adults with physical disabilities.
- We can also recruit a team based on client requests, and encourage your input in the recruitment and selection process – some of our clients like to be involved in interviewing team members – others prefer that we select staff for them.
- Our Support teams are trained in subjects such as Moving and Handling and Health & Safety; however we also dedicate time to teaching specific subjects such as Spinal Injury, Motor Neurons, MS, Acquired Brain Injury and Palliative Care. We believe in the personal and professional development of our teams and the positive effects this has on our service.
Services for Children & Families
Ailsa Care has been providing unique and creative care packages to children and families for the last two decades.
- We work in the family home and within day centres for children.
- Our child care team often accompany children with varying needs on outings such as swimming, the cinema, horse riding or activities they enjoy.
- We work with both private clients and those referred by the social work department, ILF & Direct Payments. We have found the respite we provide to families with a disabled child is invaluable, giving parents precious time to spend with brothers and sisters. We can provide from 1 hour to 24 hour care as you need it.
- Our team also assist young adults with learning difficulties on the journey to living independently – teaching skills such as cooking, cleaning and managing household bills.
- The Child care team at Ailsa have gained a reputation for providing outstanding family friendly services.
- We have a well established and experienced team of child support workers, however can also recruit a team based on client requests, and encourage input in the recruitment and selection process. Some of our clients like to be involved in interviewing team members – others prefer that we select staff for them.
- Our Support teams are all trained in subjects such as Moving and Handling and Health & Safety; however we also dedicate time to teaching specific subjects such as Autism and Aspergers, Creative Play, Peg Feeding and Challenging Behaviour. We believe in the personal and professional development of our support teams and the positive effects this has on the services you receive.
Services for Older People
At Ailsa Care, we are passionate about people living life as they choose and having their say! We have 20 years experience in supporting older people to live active independent lives within their own community.
We are committed to working with our clients and their family to create a Person Centred care plan unique to you and your lifestyle.
Ailsa Care can provide a service at every level, from assisting clients to remain independent to carrying out tasks on their behalf. We work within their own home, sheltered accommodation or provide support for them at a day centre. Ailsa Care welcomes both private clients and those funded by the social work department / ILF & Direct Payments. We can provide care from 1 hour per week to 24 hour cover as is needed.
We work with clients to create a personal plan based on lifestyle, needs and aspirations, and can assist in any area of your life. From personal care, medication and domestic tasks, going shopping, socialising or going on holiday to offering a respite service for family carers, we will work with clients and family to find solutions.
The support team at Ailsa have gained a reputation for providing outstanding services for older people.
We can also recruit a team based on your requests, and encourage input in the recruitment and selection process. Some of our clients like to be involved in interviewing team members – others prefer that we select staff for them.
Our Support teams are trained in subjects such as moving and handling and health & safety; however we also dedicate time to teaching specific subjects such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s Awareness, Person Centred Care, Palliative Care or Stressed and Distressed Behaviour. We believe in the personal and professional development of our teams and the positive effects this has on our service.
- Preparing / assisting to prepare a choice of meals
- Shopping with clients or on their behalf
- House work, including spring and deep cleaning
- Helping care for pets
- Making sure our clients home is safe and secure
- Assisting clients with household bills